on a scale from Matilda to Carrie how well do you handle having telekinesis and terrible parents
the greatest thing you’ll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return
Simple. When I was 14, I was dating a 22 year old. I consented to everything. Sometimes we got into fights, as normal people do. The relationship became a little abusive just because I isolated myself from all my friends and that’s just the way it happened. Is he an abuser? No. Did I ever and am I ever going to press charges? No.
This girl very clearly just wants attention now that she is 18 and can press charges. I doubt she actually will. It was a relationship she consented to and now supposedly regrets. I’m not assuming this because I like Tom, I’m assuming this because I’ve been in this sort of relationship.
I really really want Tom’s side of the story because if she consented at 14 he’s not an abuser. It’s that simple. And I’m under the impression she did.
oh hey are you the one sending me all the anons
I just can’t help myself and need to dissect why this person’s reasons and arguments for Tom’s innocence just don’t hold up, and why victim blaming and not doing your research makes you look and sound stupid.
1. “The relationship became a little abusive […] Is he an abuser? No.” That’s not quite how it works. If you are the one being abused by someone in any way(emotionally, mentally, physically, financially, etc) that makes the other person an abuser. It’s that simple.
2. Just because your relationship became abusive under a certain circumstance does not mean someone else’s relationship follows the same pattern whatsoever.
3. Olga has explained on her blog why she refrained from saying anything up until now. (source)
4. When did she ever say she was pressing charges? (source)
5. Consenting to a relationship does not mean you are consenting to being emotionally abused, manipulated, and sexually assaulted.
6. The age of consent in England is 16 (source). Therefore, even if she consented to have sex with him(assuming she was still underage at the time), it is not okay and does in fact make him an abuser and technically a rapist because she was legally unable to consent.
7. Not to mention there was a power imbalance present in the relationship. The age gap and the fact that she was a fan of his automatically put the relationship in a place where he could take advantage of her.
Was ‘Egg the Gellers!’ the war cry of your neighbourhood?
your whole body is full of d a r k n e s s
BELT IT - sing every word at the top of your lungs>>1985 [bowling for soup] - stacy’s mom [fountains of wayne] - all the small things [blink-182] - sugar, we’re goin down [fall out boy] - get the party started [p!nk] - beverly hills [weezer] - pocketful of sunshine [natasha beddingfield] - ocean avenue [yellowcard] - complicated [avril lavigne] - this love [maroon 5] - the sweet escape [gwen stefani] - somebody told me [the killers] - party in the usa [miley cyrus] - american idiot [green day] - good girls go bad [cobra starship] - bye bye bye [n*sync] - just dance [lady gaga] - black horse and the cherry tree [kt tunstall] - hello goodbye [the beatles] - i want it that way [backstreet boys] - i write sins not tragedies [panic! at the disco] - hollaback girl [gwen stefani] - don’t trust me [3oh!3] - billionare [travie mccoy ft. bruno mars] - bohemian rhapsody [queen] - basket case [green day] - mr. brightside [the killers]